Sec. 1 The name of this Association shall be the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho.
Sec. 2 The principal office of this Association shall be located at Boise, Idaho, or such other place as the Board of Directors may from time to time designate.
Sec. 1 This Association shall operate for the benefit of Building Contractors and those engaged in allied industries in the counties of Ada, Elmore, Boise, Gem.
Sec. 1 This Association shall operate as an Affiliated Association of the National Association of Home Builders of the United States.
Sec. 2 The objective of this Association shall be, and the Association is authorized:
(a) To associate builders within the above described jurisdiction for the purpose of mutual advantage and cooperation.
(b) To cooperate with all branches of the building industry, including manufacturers, dealers, tradesmen and financial institutions within said jurisdiction for the purpose of mutual advantage and for the benefit of the industry as a whole.
(c) To maintain high professional standards and sound business methods among its members through the enforcement of its code of ethics.
(d) To Secure cooperative action in advancing the common purposes of its members; and proper consideration of opinion upon questions affecting the building industry within the jurisdiction of this Association.
(e) To assist in the accomplishment of the mutual objectives of the National Association of Home Builders of the United States.
(f) To assist the Officers, Board of Directors and Membership Committee of the National Association of Home Builders of the United States in qualifying members operating within the above described territorial jurisdiction.
(g) To participate for the purpose of mutual benefit in an interchange of information and experience with all other local affiliated Associations of the National Association of Home Builders of the United States.
(h) To operate without profit and with no part of the income of the Association benefiting any individual member.
(i) To lease, sell, buy, manage, and operate buildings and office space and other real property and improvements thereon.
ARTICLE IV – (Code of Ethics for all BCA Members)
Sec. 1 The members of this Association shall be limited to those persons who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics.
(a) Members of the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the American free enterprise system.
(b) To achieve these goals, we subscribe to the following principles and policies:
- Acknowledge paramount allegiance to our country, our republic and to the American private enterprise economic system. We assume those certain prime responsibilities to our community and our customers.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with each other.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improve methods of home financing to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislation proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our Local, State, and National associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
(c) We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho.
Sec. I This Constitution may be adopted or amended by a vote of a simple majority of the members present at any meeting, provided the number of members in attendance at such meeting constitutes a quorum, and proved further that a copy of the proposed amendments shall have been mailed to each member of the Association not less than five days prior to the meeting at which action is to be taken thereon.