Builders and Developers Council / Government Affairs
BUILDERS COUNCIL: An industry council which addresses issues specific to builders.
- Shares information on how to handle common problems and/or issues.
- Continues to promote the Registered Master Builder Program.
- Monitors industry trends including builder liability issues.
- Monitors local government code enforcement and interpretation.
- Advances building industry positions and interests.
- Also represents the voice of the remodeling members in the community.
- Provides educational programs through the Sales & Marketing Council including the Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) and Certified Graduate Associates (CGA).
- Provides expanded opportunities to BCASWI Membership.
Council Chair: Adam Capell – firstname.lastname@example.org
DEVELOPERS COUNCIL: An industry council which addresses issues specific to developers.
- Develop strategies to improve image and communicate progress.
- Share information on how to handle common problems and issues.
- Build solid relationships with governing bodies and related groups.
- Is a pro-active industry advocate in all local elections, appointments, and legislation.
- Monitors local government policies regarding economic development and growth.
Council Chair: Mark Tate: email@example.com
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE: The Government Affairs Committee open to all members with an interest in governmental affairs and public policy.
- Works with other committees and councils to analyze public policy initiatives to develop association positions and responses, and to promote those positions.
- Serves as the focal point for coordination with our State Association, the Idaho Building Contractors Association.
- Monitors state and local government actions that affect the industry.
The Government Affairs Committee is pleased to provide you with the current Legislative Session Review summarizing new laws that might affect your business.
Please take the necessary time to examine these laws so you are prepared for any benefits or repercussions that may affect your business. The Government Affairs Committee routinely reviews legislation during the Session, and recommends positions to the Board of Directors. If you would like to be involved in this process contact the BCA office to check for scheduled meetings.
Government Affairs Consultant: Ken Burgess